Sunday, April 19, 2015

My Son's Last Words to me

In life, we do not realize that it may be our last moment with someone. The unexpected often happens. The unexpected often means sadness, sorrow, and loss. Because the worst can happen at any given time, we should remember to show those we love that we love them.
We should hug our loved ones.
We should kiss our loved ones.
We should smile at our loved ones.
We should say those precious words, "I love you," to our loved ones.
My son's unexpected death was the absolute worst thing that could happen. He went to bed seemingly healthy, but died during the night from an unknown heart condition. He was thirteen.
The last words he said to me were, "I love you Mom," as he hugged me goodnight. Then he walked down the hallway to his bedroom and closed the door.
Although I have many regrets about how things happened with my son, the one thing I do hold onto is the fact that my last words to him were also, "I love you."
Tell the ones you love them. Period.
Photo credit: my own

originally published on Bubblews  by me

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I can't imagine your pain. I do still remember mine, but none can be compared. If you visit my site you may get in touch with me, also I have a free PDF of my workbook to help you get through this.
    My website is www.warnerwords.weebly.com. Please feel free to contact me at vickijwarner@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete