Sunday, January 19, 2014

I Don't Want This to Be Real

383 days since Nolan died.  I still feel like it should not be real.  I still feel like he's going to come home, that I will be able to see him and hug him and talk to him.  I still feel like this must be a nightmare.  How can I walk through the rest of my life feeling like it is a nightmare?  My family is suffering.  Oh on the surface, we are all so strong.  I get that comment often.  "oh jill, you have handled everything with such strength, such grace."  (with slight variations on the wording).  Mentally I am truly checked out.  I do not want to face anything anymore.  I don't know how to handle it.  I really don't.  This going through the motions thing for the last 383 days just doesn't feel right.  I don't want this to be real.  I don't want this to be my life.

2 comments:

  1. i also don't want this to be real. i hate this for you. the pain i feel when i think of losing one of my kids is nothing compared to what you are going through every day. you are going through the motions well but i know you are suffering and i am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete