Monday, March 18, 2013

found a poem today

found a letter tonight, in the process of getting ruined thanks to a spill in the basement, Nolan wrote it to us while he was at scout camp in the summer of 2011. He wrote a little poem in the letter that seriously could have been written today, part of was unreadable, but I think I got most it. here it is:
I miss home and you
In the days that have gone
Many things here are new
As things are to a faun
I've been here so long
But home does not fade
I remember you guys
As I sit in the shade
I know that I will see you soon
And by and by
And I can't believe I'm lucky enough to tell you
I love you and goodbye.




2 comments:

  1. I still think that is the most awesome, perfect thing. My mom was so excited to hear about it. It's these things...these things that come from nowhere to make us just say 'ahh'.

    ReplyDelete