Saturday, September 21, 2013

using your words

I can't understand adults who don't care about the implications of hurtful words.  I spend so much time trying to teach this very thing to my kids.  I remember learning my lesson when I was twelve years old because my friends were mad at me due to me not using my words kindly.  And from that point on, I told myself I would never fall to that level again.  I'm not perfect.  I've accidentally found myself speaking before thinking.  But I never ever try to use words to hurt others.  There's no taking back the hurt.  I strive to teach this every day in my children.  I may not be as neat a housekeeper, I may screw up and make mistakes... but I'm never going to hurt anyone on purpose.  And if I make a mistake, I'm going to try to fix it.  When I have lost my temper with my kids, I apologize.

1 comment:

  1. This is why you are the sweetest person I know. And why it makes it all the more difficult to understand all this that's happening to someone so amazing. Ker

    ReplyDelete