Friday, December 13, 2013

Talking about Nolan

Any conversation that I have that allows me to talk about Nolan is a gift.  I do not care if I cry.  That's fine.  I want to cry.  Talking about him, about what he was like, about the things he did, my memories... that's comfort to me.  I have always joked that I have an awful memory due to all the partying I did in my youth.  Well, now that I have lost my son, it's not that funny of a joke.  I'm scared of forgetting things.  And I will, I have already.  I had already forgotten things about all the children over the past 14 years before this happened.   I wish people would share memories of him.  A friend on the Catholic loop sent out a message to our group asking people to share any stories they had of him, she shared one.  No one else did.  That made me sad.  (deja vu feeling here, I may have already mentioned that in a previous post).   I just need things like that.  Anything to grasp onto of his to help me through this nightmare.   

2 comments:

  1. i'm with you on the memory thing. i told you when the kids were singing happy birthday to eva last weekend i was distracted and picturing nolan singing to michael on that video i sent you. i just remember him as full of imp and fun and that he was just a good kid who liked to make people laugh and had so much fun with my kids.

    ReplyDelete