Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Anxiety Can Really Ruin a Day

I just wrote a post on my other page about how much anxiety I have suffered today.  You can read the lovely details here:  http://www.bubblews.com/news/9605474-anxiety-rules-the-day

It just got me thinking about how anxiety and panic attacks can really ruin someone's day, week, month, year, life!  Last year at this time, I was suffering immense ongoing attacks.  I believe hitting all the first holidays without my son was THE major factor in it.  Honestly, it was debilitating.  I felt like I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

For awhile, I was taking some daily anxiety meds to help.  Eventually, I grew tired of feeling like a zombie.  So I stopped.  I started exercising more and it helped.  Then I turned to Yoga which helped even more.

I have been doing yoga for about three months now.  Until our vehicle situation (which is the source of some of my anxiety), I was being really good about going 4-5 times a week for yoga, plus another day or two for just exercise.  Lately, I have been lucky if I can go once a week. 

Then today came the anxiety attacks.

Tomorrow, thankfully, I can do yoga for sure.  My husband is off work.  Friday, I think if we do not have our vehicle back, I will take him to work so that I can make sure I can go again.  I think it helps me.  I'm certain it helps me. 

I hate it when I feel like I have today.  And to think, last year, I probably suffered like this for several months.  I'm not going to reach that point again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment