Friday, December 5, 2014

I'm Tired

Sometimes I just feel so tired.  

I'm tired of never being able to just wallow in my grief. 

I always have to be on duty for my kids. 

I can never just stay in bed all day even though I want to. 

I always have to take the kids places, nearly every day.  There's no time to just be sad. 

Don't get me wrong, I am always sad. 

I just never get to just BE. 

I'm grateful that I have my other children, please do not think otherwise.  I'm so grateful.  I know they are the only reason I am surviving.   I'm so thankful that they are here for me to take to activities one, two, three, and four. 

However, grief is exhausting. 

exhausting

sometimes I just want to call in sick, but I can't.  i'm a mom.




2 comments:

  1. Those Nyquil commercials, the ones where the parents are calling in sick to their kids- not- is so true. When you are a parent you never get a day off- and grief never happens at convenient times.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the kids are big enough that they do give me space at times now, but then there is the guilt for needing it

      Delete