Wednesday, April 17, 2013

You made me a mother

Young, wild, free, that was me
Reaching up that ladder of gold, thinking that was what mattered
Loved my cat, loved your dad, loved myself
Along came you, weighing in at less than four pounds
Arriving six weeks early, scaring us
Fearing for you, fearing for us
Hearing your first cry, you made me cry
Your daddy too, oh how we immediately loved you
I didn't get to hold you right away
But you held my heart in a way that was so new to me

how my heart swelled from day to day
year to year... my love for you only grew

as you grew into this smart, creative
boy with a heart so big, so loving
helping others, being silly, being you

you have no idea how you helped me
me to be a better me

you made me care for others more than myself
you made me realize what was important in life
you made me want to make the world a better place
you made me a mother

No comments:

Post a Comment