Tuesday, November 12, 2013

comfort

there is comfort in the kind words, the prayers, the virtual hugs, the real hugs, the emails, the cards... there is comfort. 

Nolan is gone.  nothing fills that void.

yet I have people reaching out to me, mostly virtually, but still, reaching out.  I imagine a world before facebook.  I think if I had lost my son then.  my void would be the same.  but would I have as much comfort as I do now?  I don't know.  the world has changed. 

I used to be one of those gals who spoke on the phone with friends every day.  now I rarely talk on the phone.  so maybe, just maybe, if facebook weren't around, i'd have real contact with people?  I don't know.  it's just a different place now.

but i'm thankful for the friends that I have.  i'm thankful for them checking in on me and saying they are thinking of me. 

i'm sad.  the sadness is there.  period.  Nolan is gone & all the comforting friends in the world can't replace him.  but i'm grateful for the comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment