Sunday, April 6, 2014

Thoughts that Won't Go Away

I often think of Nolan's last breath.  Why?  Why do I have to wonder what it was like?  I wonder if it was completely peaceful.  I wonder if there was a sound of his last breath escaping as his heart simply stopped.  I wonder if I had been lying next to him, would I have heard anything unusual?  Did he feel anything?  Did he feel pain?  Did a sharp pain awaken him long enough to scare him before he died?  Did he know he was dying? 

Was he having a dream when he died?  How did he feel when he lay down that night? 

Is he now in Heaven?  Is there a Heaven?  Will I ever get to see him again?  Is Heaven a myth? 

If he is alive in spirit, why can't I get a sign?  Why do some people have visions or visitations from spirits (if it is real) and I don't?  Why?

My sweet boy.  My sweet, sweet boy.  Why do I have to ask myself these questions?  It's not fair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment