Thursday, June 27, 2013

Liam is at scout camp

Scout camp for 10 days the last couple summers was the best part of Nolan's summer.  He LOVED, loved, loved it.  I remember his first summer, 2011.  Patrick wasn't sure he wanted him to go.  It seemed so long.  10 days.  He drove him down.  That was probably a little harder on Nolan than just riding with a friend.  He cried a little.  But he loved it.  He called the first and second night.  Then no more calls.  He wrote a couple times.  The next year, I think he wrote once.  He had no homesickness at all.  Yet, he was so glad to see us at the family visitors day.  He bought me earrings.... I never wore themI have them though.

Liam left today for his first time at Bartle.  He's different, no homesickness.  I dont' foresee any calls.  He may write one letter only because I told him he had to.  It's so bittersweet... I had thought how neat it would be for the two boys to go together... now they won't... ever....

No comments:

Post a Comment