Saturday, June 29, 2013

reality and functioning

so often now I feel like i'm living in a sort of haze... i'll think about things, about Nolan, about what happened, and I feel so disconnected like this is just not real.  I don't know if it is still a sort of shock thing.. I don't know.  or just that it is so horrific. 

and functioning... everything is so hard.  I can't seem to plan ahead for anything.  we are getting ready to go on vacation & just the thought of planning it is overwhelming me... I don't have to do MUCH... just plan our route, get a hotel room for the way down & the way back, pack, make lists, shop for stuff, go buy new tires, etc.  but I get kind of sick to my stomach when I start thinking about it. 

functioning:  school... our school year fell apart.  most everyone gets it & says that is the beauty of homeschooling... but i'm still not really handling it.  i'm sort of thankful that our co-op is changing this year to more of a core subject, two days a week with homework the other days kind of thing simply bcause of my inability to function right now... i'm hoping most everything will be taken care of & I won't allow the kids to fall behind more than they fell behind this winter & spring... but functioning to actually participate, well that stresses me out... I can't even think about buying books, and other stuff....

functioning..... getting the kids on a chore schedule... haven't been doing it.  before Nolan died, Nolan, liam, ciara, and me took turns doing dishes... since my sweet son's death, I have probably made ciara and liam do dishes about 3 times... I could use their help, but i'm just not functioning enough to even get the kids on a good routine... thankfully it's summer.

some people, most probably, who haven't experienced the loss of a child probably just cannot understand why  6 months later I still feel like i'm not functioning properly....  I can hear some of their voices saying "gee jill, it's been six months"  no one gets it.  not unless you've lost a child.  it's unlike any pain or suffering you can imagine...

so my functioning is just doing my best and my best may just not be much at all... but i'm doing what I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment