Friday, August 30, 2013

someday it will be...

five years since I have seen my son.... it hits me sometimes, thoughts like that... already I can't believe that it's been 8 months.  8 months since I said I love you and he said he loved me.... 8 months since he walked down the hallway in his underwear, his body about to hit puberty, me thinking how big he was getting... so grown up.  13.  he walked down that hallway & I never spoke to him again... 8 months ago.  but soon it will be a year, then 2, then 10.  and it will be further and further from the time I got to be with my son.  some people think grief gets easier... I dont' think so.  you get more used to dealing with it because you have to... but I think in many ways it gets harder because you miss your son more each day... I miss Nolan so much.  How can he be gone?

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about you the other day and the picture of your kids holding the picture of Nolan. It hit me that they're all going to continue to get older than Nolan, taller than Nolan, etc. It just broke my heart. No Jill, I don't think it will get easier. Still pray for all of you all of the time. I talk to him and ask him to pray for you, too.

    ReplyDelete