Thursday, February 21, 2013

snow

I hope that someday my first thought when it snows isn't about the day Nolan died.  I have always loved snow.  It's such a beautiful thing.  I've always loved to live somewhere with 4 seasons.  Yet, the way Nolan was found that awful morning will always be etched into my snow memories now... Liam ran to tell Nolan it was snowing with such enthusiasm as I was about to rush out the door to do some grocery shopping before Ella awoke. 

Liam told me once a few weeks ago that he is glad it was snowing the day Nolan died because that meant we found him sooner rather than later.  We may have just thought he was sleeping late & well, it would have been later.  I do like the fact that Liam looks at it that way, with a positive spin on it.  I'm grateful for that.  I was afraid he'd look at the snow in a bad way too. 

At some point, I want to think of happy snow memories... Although with my crummy memory, who knows what I will ever remember... I do remember Christmas Day 2009 we stayed here & it was so snowy & we sledded in our backyard on & off all day as a family.  That was a great day.  My favorite snow ever.  Patrick probably has better snow memories because he is the one who would pack up the kids & take them sledding on suicide hill.   He was able to do that with the kids a few times.  I wish we lived close enough to walk to some good sledding sites.  Our neighborhood is very hilly.  I always say I think that there should be one street that closes off on snow days like today. 

Nolan loved the snow.  No, he loves the snow... He's still alive in Heaven & his love of nature is still alive as well.  So Nolan loves the snow.... just like he loves the hot summer days when he can be outside in a pair of shorts and nothing else.  Just like he loves springtime flowers and autumn leaves.  Nolan has always appreciated God's beauty. 

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you and your family Jill! You take the most beautiful photos of your family!! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete