Sunday, January 27, 2013

almost posted this under my other blog from happier days

my other blog is called "life and all its good stuff "  started at a time when I never expected my life to take such a shattering turn.  I feel like, now, how can I put words there? good stuff???  I'm grieving.  I will grieve forever.  you don't get over grief for your dead son....you just don't.  it has only been 27 days, but I already know that.  but this weekend proved that there is still some happiness to be had even in this dark night.

first, we spent three very full days at the great wolf lodge compliments of nana and Patrick's siblings.  the kids had a great time.  and when Patrick and I let ourselves, we enjoyed the time with the kids.  yes, there was plenty of sadness mixed in.  Nolan should have been there.  he should be here, period, now.  and that hole will be there, always.... any fun family time we have... Nolan should be there.  but the kids deserve to have fun family times nonetheless.

more good stuff that we experienced is the amazing outpouring of love and support from our homeschool community.  while we were at the lodge, they did an extreme makeover on our home....for for days people were working on our home.  people worked from seven am to three am.  kids and grown ups working together, fixing things that have needed fixed forever.  it blows me away.  people donated their time, their money for us.  people we know from this and that. friends,  some closer friends, some merely acquaintances, even a total stranger.   they even had a priest come bless the house. what amazing people.  I now know what kind of a person I need to be. these people are all so selfless, so kind, so generous,so amazing. I need to be that way.

 so in this dark, dark night of my soul, I got to appreciate some good stuff this weekend thanks to our loving family and our faithful homeschool community.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome group of people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are surrounded by such good people.......you will find happiness in some moments....take those moments to your heart.......

    ReplyDelete