Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Nolan's Poetry

Here are a lot of Nolan's poems written between the ages of 9-10.  How could God take away this beautiful boy????
Love



Love is your true and most might strength.

It’s how your heart grows at length.

Love keeps you alive, love makes life great.

Love lets you do kindness and keeps you from hate.

If your love is really true,

Say to your loved ones “I love you.”





The Gift of Art



Art can come in many ways

You don’t keep it for hours, you don’t keep it in days.

It’s your one and only life. It seems

You and art make a perfect team.

There are many arts in the human race,

So find your art and take your place





Christmas



Christmas is full of love and joy

And every child should be holding a tory.

Give to every girl and boy

From Canada to Illinois.





Travelling



From Northern bank to Southern Shore,

I went far and far I went

To Eastern gate and Western door,

Very far I was sent.



I went to every continent,

Until every coin I had spent,

And after, was very poor

And then I walked through heaven’s door.

And now I walk no more.







Devil



I’m an omen they say,

And an omen they call me.

I’m out and night and day,

Nothing can befall me.

I’m Satan, I’m Satan,

I have many pranks.

Only *my* people give me thanks.



I try to capture every soul,

And when I have them they do my roll.

They kill, they murder,

They break everything.

They do not laugh,

They do not sing.



Some people think I’m on the level,

But it’s me, and I’m the devil.





The Greatness of Heaven



With many sights never seen,

With things people dream of only once,

With flashing colors of blue and green,

With birds, like acrobats, doing stunts.



With all of the wonders in the world,

With very much greatness wide and deep,

With beds of roses so soft I could curl

Up with a blanket of roses fast asleep.



You can walk barefoot through the trees,

With no biting mosquitos or stinging bees.

With all the wonders on the earth,

A place you would have wanted to see

Since your very birth.



When you decide to walk no more,

You shall walk through heaven’s door.







The Hunted Deer



I’m running through the trees.

I hear a Bang! Bang! Bang!

Here comes the danger bird through the woods,

And this is what it sang:



“The hunter is coming, the hunter is coming,

With his fire stick.

He makes it go Bang! Bang! Bang!

By giving it a flick.”



Oh no! Oh no! a Bang! Bang! Bang!

A bird has dropped from the sky!

The fire stick that goes Bang! Bang! Bang!

Has shot the bird in the eye.



I trip on a rock and fall to the ground

And then Iook and look and around,

And then I hear a sound....

Bang! Bang! Bang!

A pain in my chest.

There’s blood

all over my breast.



I’m going into a tunnel,

and very soon I’ll reach the funnel.



I’m walking on a soft grass floor,

But on earth I walk no more.





If Only If Only



Homeless and poor, and very lonely,

I want to have shelter, if only if only.



Homeless and poor and very sad,

Everything goes wrong and very very bad.



The wolf looks into the skies and is very lonely,

With whimpering cries, if only, if only.







I Have Never



I have never seen a snake until it went across my path.

I have never been clean until I took a bath.



I’ve never drank water until it went down my throat.

I’ve never walked over a bridge until it was over a moat.



There are so many things I have never seen or one.

But when they fall along my path,

I look at every one.







Armour of Light



Oh Armor of light, please help us fight

The sin from down below.

For it’s you oh God, who gives the right

That lets the armour show.



For the diamonds and jewels we make for you

By doing good for all.

But by doing bad, the evil grew,

Making the diamonds fall.



Protect us from sin, oh armour of light,

From evil and all sin.

Keep the embers burning bright,

Repeating “Amen, Amen.”





















Stars



Stars above me, oh so high,

Stars above me in the sky.



Stars over me lying in the grass,

Shooting stars running past.



Stars, stars in the air.

Stars, stars everywhere.



Stars falling to the ground

With a thundering sound.







Parousia



The glory of heaven is coming,

A fire is ablazed in your heart.

Prepare for the end of sadness,

For today you have a new chart.



A chart that will go on forever.

Forever and ever Amen.

A chart written in fire,

A chart that will have no end.



On the stars you shall ride like a bird.

You shall glide and the sun shall hold your hand.

The birds shall sing to go God in the highest

All across the land.



An angel is here to tell you

That God has come.

A light is shining throughout the land

And no one knows where from.













God the Father



God, the Holy Spirit, Father, and Son.

All of us have father’s, but God is the only One.







Where Our Hearts Must Lie



Our hearts must dwell away from hell

And into our great Father Christ.

Sin is a very evil spell,

For there our hearts are iced.



Your life will stand still, stand still.

You won’t have your own will, your own will.

You’ll be iced, you’ll be iced,

Your hearts will be enticed.

You must get to the top of the hill.




 



The Devil



He’s evil and fat, much worse than a pig.

I heard that he’s bald and might wear a wig.

He has antlers for horns,

And nobody mourns

That he’s way way weaker than a twig.



I don’t think he has a brain.

His clan is insane.

The guy is worse than weird.

Nobody would want to marry

That guy who is not hairy.

Except his bum looks like it has a beard.

















Here Comes the Time



Here comes the time where angels sing

And many many bells will ring.

Where footsteps ring all through the air

And children laughing everywhere.



And choirs of angels sing a tune

To all of the stars, and even the moon,

And out of the air comes a song

Ringing out loud and ringing out long.







The Chickadee



Chickadee, chickadee, on their way.

What happens around them, they don’t care.

Food for their brethren, and escaping prey,

Perching, perching everywhere.



They perch on wires and on the trees,

Flying with Summer and Spring in the breeze.

Colors flashing through the trees

Colors with a flare.



Black and white, pretty and bright,

On the dogwood trees and pine.

So small and teeny, such a sight!

Feathers so smooth and fine.



What a pleasure to hear, what a pleasure to see,

The repeating call of the chickadee.







America



America, America, my home and yours.

To make it great, do your chores.

America’s a place for you and me,

America’s the best place for you to be.



United States, what a beautiful word.

It has every kind of beautiful bird.

America has the greatest people,

And the American flag is on every steeple.



Ding dong!

Goes the Liberty Bell.

We American’s have conquered

The evil has fell.





Beast



I feel like an omen. I fill people with dread.

I would tear you apart like scissors do thread.



I’m very hungry. What can I eat?

I guess I’ll chew you, first your head, then your feet.







Owls



The owls hoot, screech and squawk

From its perch up in the three.

With its wings and many feathers makes

It move silently.



Plunging very sharp talons

Into unsuspecting prey.

It also stays awake at night

And goes to sleep at day.



So when you go camping at night

You won’t see a hawk.

But when you see an owl,

You will hear a hoot, a screech, or squawk.













Cows in Winter



In a farm in the winter with many cows,

There was not much food for the cows to eat.



There are many snow shovels and many plows.

In this kind of weather you can harvest no wheat.







The Desert Years



All alone, but still with God,

Trying to build is golden rod.

Holding onto ten in one stone.

Losing faith, even though we had known.



Forty years of chattering bones,

Eating sand and metal stones.

Forty years of hunger and thirst,

We treated Him last when God was first.



But forty years later we saw the blue sky,

And now forever the bird’s shall fly.







My Day



Today is my day, the day I was born.

The twenty second of December, one early morn.



A very small baby in one triple nine.

I was fine then. Still I am fine.



Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday again.

Then I was zero. Now I am 10.

2 comments:

  1. Jill, these are precious. This poem touched me the deepest:

    All alone, but still with God,
    Trying to build is golden rod.
    Holding onto ten in one stone.
    Losing faith, even though we had known.

    Forty years of chattering bones,
    Eating sand and metal stones.
    Forty years of hunger and thirst,
    We treated Him last when God was first.

    But forty years later we saw the blue sky,
    And now forever the bird’s shall fly.


    Still thinking about you everyday and carrying your family in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no coincidences. Reading a post by someone else addressing you on bubblew, I clicked on your link to here, on this day.. why? From experience I am thinking there's a purpose in crossing your path.
    My birth name is Jo Ann McCarter. I use it for google on the outside chance some bio-family will notice. My name is Marge Hill though.
    https://www.facebook.com/mhill62

    ReplyDelete